Ghost Town

For chatting, generally, about bikes...

Moderators: Majik, Boosh

Ped boi

Ghost Town

Postby jumpingmaster » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Seems to inherit of the city,
we have a huge history in motors of all types , but lack the active club or meets locally.
same as activity on this good forum. not sure as its quite rare to actually see or chat with bikers.
majority of times its in pubs with people that spend most of year cleaning and polishing , but only ride a couple of days a year.
it would be nice to get some activity going, especially new and young bikers to safe guard the future.
seems a pity that not a lot of chat or feedback on what people think will get local bikers out and meeting .
I spend lots of time on my bike , but very rare come across any locals.
would be good to even generate interest on here and see what others think .

cheers joe

Wuss Management

Re: Ghost Town

Postby Willopotomas » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:23 pm

Years ago, when the forum was very active, there were a few distinct groups who did things in their own little cliques. The meets got more regular and forum postings dwindled as most people caught up with each other when out and about. I'd love to see the forum back to it's former glory. Met some very good friends through this site.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

DAS'ing

Postby lloydiecbr » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:41 pm

i do check in here most days and its very inactive and is a shame .
i can understand its slowing down in the summer months but normally they are very active during winter .

Ped boi

Postby jumpingmaster » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Willopotomas wrote:Years ago, when the forum was very active, there were a few distinct groups who did things in their own little cliques. The meets got more regular and forum postings dwindled as most people caught up with each other when out and about. I'd love to see the forum back to it's former glory. Met some very good friends through this site.

i understand and agree with what you say , been up bassett pole alot and mainly go jack hills cafe and the billing cafe bike meets on a regular basis.
with trips to ace cafe
but run down southampton each month .
i enjoy the bike all year round as i have a 450 mile a week round trip to and from work.
look forward to catching up with folks sometime.
probablt past some locals in cov and not known them..

been in the dyers a lot and nice chaps in there

Wuss Management

Postby Willopotomas » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:14 pm

jumpingmaster wrote:
Willopotomas wrote:

I can be found in there every now n' then. I'd describe myself, but I look like 90% of the people who go in there.. Bald, fat n' bearded.. haha. :mrgreen:
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

DAS'ing

Postby lloydiecbr » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Willopotomas wrote:
jumpingmaster wrote:
Willopotomas wrote:

I can be found in there every now n' then. I'd describe myself, but I look like 90% of the people who go in there.. Bald, fat n' bearded.. haha. :mrgreen:

true that lol :boohoo:

DAS'ing

Postby Harvey » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:38 pm

jumpingmaster wrote:been in the dyers a lot and nice chaps in there

I know what you mean, but you don't have to wear them. I go in there in my Jeans usually. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This Saturday 4th April, there is a covers band on (Mutley) and it coincides with my 50th birthday, so will be a cracking night.

Wuss Management

Postby Willopotomas » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Harvey wrote:This Saturday 4th April, there is a covers band on (Mutley) and it coincides with my 50th birthday, so will be a cracking night.

We'll be there, mate. Be on the piss for most of the day, so should be nicely soaked by the time we get to you. :mrgreen:

Postby Rasnezli » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:36 pm

jumpingmaster wrote:
Willopotomas wrote:Years ago, when the forum was very active, there were a few distinct groups who did things in their own little cliques. The meets got more regular and forum postings dwindled as most people caught up with each other when out and about cdg paris transfer. I'd love to see the forum back to it's former glory. Met some very good friends through this site.

i understand and agree with what you say , been up bassett pole alot and mainly go jack hills cafe and the billing cafe bike meets on a regular basis.
with trips to ace cafe
but run down southampton each month .
i enjoy the bike all year round as i have a 450 mile a week round trip to and from work.
look forward to catching up with folks sometime.
probablt past some locals in cov and not known them..

you are strong and courageous

Return to General Bike Chat